It's me

It's me
The Bedouin Woman

Thursday, March 31, 2011

God Cares About the Small Stuff

God cares about the small insignificant things in our lives. I have this green shirt that really needed a baubly necklace, but look as I might I could not find one, the right one. Looking through my closet I was a little sick of what I saw, although adequate I really wanted to see something new, who doesn't?
I was given a gift certificate for a pedicure last Christmas. God blesses us in unusual and unexpected ways. As I was walking today, I began to praise God for His wonderful blessings, the ability to see His wonderful creation, to feel the sun and cool breezes on my skin, the ability to use my feet and legs to walk and enjoy this beautiful day. I stopped by the church office to visit some friends and while I was there I noticed a tray of jewelry that someone had left for whoever wanted it and a sweet bauble necklace was there with the color green in it perfect for my green shirt!
Last week my friends sister gave her some clothing and she told me to look through it and take whatever I wanted, several shirts, a new skirt and pair of sweat pants later I had replenished my wardrobe! For each nearly new piece of clothing I received I gave one of my shirts to Goodwill.
"Give and it shall be given to you, pressed down shaken together and running over, what you give will be given back to you." Luke 6:38
God cares about the small stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment