It's me

It's me
The Bedouin Woman

Monday, June 13, 2011

The next journey begins,,,,Brazil or Bust!!

Ok so once again I start a blog about yet another journey. The difference is this is a journey God is sending me on, not one that I put myself on. So, here we go, I will try my best to keep you all updated.

So, most of you, my friends and family know what has transpired in the past 6 weeks, but if you don't and you are somehow living under a rock or haven't heard I'M GOING TO BRAZIL. There I said it, not just me but my rommie Pauline as well. I have all the necessary information in a support letter that by now a lot of you have received, if not, give me time YOU will get one! Not only to ask you to help send me on this journey but to seriously request your prayers, God answers prayers, I know it and you know it, so pray!

Before all this came to pass, I had plans to do some foot surgery, bunions and a large cyst that had decided to plant itself on the top of some nerve on my foot. So, that was going to go to. I told my physician/surgeon my plans for Brazil and she said "oh sure, you will be ready by then". So, I went ahead with the scheduled surgery.

Everything my doc told me about this surgery has come to pass. She said the first few days she would "snow" me with good drugs, ha that was sooo true! Y'all I had to stop at McDonald's on the way home after the surgery, I had my friend Liz stop and I actually walked in went to the rest room and got back in the car, I have no idea how I did it or how I walked on crutches to my apt. without falling flat on my face, but I did!

So, that was true, I was on this medication for several days and was coming out of the anesthesia slowly but surely and started remembering things. My doc also said this surgery would hurt like H-E double hockey sticks, but I was like, having no pain, until the last few days, and it all started and she was right and then some. But I have come along very well in the healing process and even doc said she was very impressed with my healing(it's all God)and I will be ready by July 28th to get on that plane with a fully recovered foot to travel the hills of Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Pauline and I are at the point of writing support letters, getting Visa's and packing our things to go to Brazil for 6 months. Wow, now that I say that out loud it is extremely exciting. Although we are leaving family, friends, parents and selling our "worldly" goods, we know it is the thing God has called us to do, we both have a peace that passes all understanding in our heart.

We both feel that God is sending us to Brazil to learn from these people something more, something we can bring back to our own country. God doesn't show us the whole picture, we have to go by faith and believe God's plan is the best plan and we have to seek His face daily to learn the next step. This is another step of faith we take daily, I like adventure and this is certainly an adventure instituted by God for His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment