It's me

It's me
The Bedouin Woman

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What comes out of your mouth?

Do you ever think about the words that come out of your mouth? Whether you are speaking to yourself(I don't know about you but I talk to myself a lot)or speaking to someone else. The bible says a lot, I mean a lot about words. The way we use words or the words we use can be life or death to the user and the receiver. Let's start with Proverbs 12:25, in the Message bible(y'all know by now that this has become my favorite translation)Worry weighs us down; a cheerful word picks us up.

A cheerful word(happy, full of spirit, gay)can make a man or woman forget their worry. Sometimes we just say things and then realize later it should not have been said. I, for one need to remember this at all times, my tongue can be sharp and quick and then I'm sorry and have to go apologize. My new motto "think before I speak".

Words can speak life or death to the recipient, blessings or cursings. I chose life and blessings. Proverbs 25:11 A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver, in other words it's good.

When I was a young mother and yelled at my kids I never realized what I was speaking into their little lives. How I wish I knew then what I know now about how words can affect a person. If you are a young mother reading this and you sometimes yell things like "you little devil, or you moron or your so stupid or what is wrong with you"? Think about what your saying, you may be setting them up for exactly what you are speaking into them.

The words you speak should be sweet, Psalm119:103 says your words should be sweet to the taste and sweeter than honey to my mouth! When you speak to people especially to children remember what your doing they have sensitive spirits and pick up all sorts of things both good and bad, lets make sure we are speaking the good into them and not the bad.

Remember it's not what goes into a man that defiles him but what comes out. Matthew 15:11 "Listen and understand, it's not what goes into a man's mouth that makes him unclean, but what comes out of his mouth that makes him unclean".

1 comment: