It's me

It's me
The Bedouin Woman

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

More on The Mind and Our Words!

"You have minds like a snake pit! How do you suppose what you say is worth anything when you are so foul- minded?" Some interjection here by me, It's amazing what Jesus says here, it's like He is looking into the 21 st Century when He speaks here. Just think about Hollywood today, the movies, TV and the stuff on the internet. Everything in the aforementioned is usually PG-13(Parental Guidance for kids younger than 13)Even PG-13 is questionable. What are we opening our children's minds up to when we allow them to see this stuff? We have a website call Kids in mind.com where they review all movies and give in depth description of movies, they tell you how many sexual scenes, how many profanities, how much gore and violence and we can make an informative decision if we want our kids to see a certain movie. I just don't understand how we can allow our children with their impressionable minds to watch the filth that is out there today, how do we justify this?

Jesus continues "It's your heart, not the dictionary that gives meaning to your words. A good person produces good deeds and words season after season. An evil person is blight in the orchard. Let me tell you something: every one of these careless words is going to come back to haunt you. There will be a time of Reckoning. Words are powerful; take them seriously. Words can be your salvation. Words can also be your damnation.”

So, here Jesus is saying that we all need to be careful what and how we speak to people. We are responsible also for what we allow our children to hear. Children are a gift from God, we all know that . We need to treat them with care and be gentle with our words towards them. As I have said before I wish I knew these concepts while raising my children, I didn’t, therefore I probably have said some things to my children back in that day that they are paying for in this day, how unfortunate. I will have to answer to God for that. But now, today’s parents know better, they know how to speak, also older children know that respect for parents and older adults is most important as well. I’ve written before on blessing and curses that comes from our mouths; let’s have the blessing come forth, not the curses.

Let’s go on to another subject and that is when a person gets saved, gives his heart to Jesus, listen to what Jesus has to say about this subject: once again from the Message Bible “When a defiling spirit is expelled from someone, it drifts along the desert looking for an oasis(a new place), an unsuspecting soul it can bedevil(enter). When it doesn’t find anyone, it says ‘I’ll go back to my old haunt’. On return it finds the person spotlessly clean, but vacant. It then runs and rounds up seven other spirits more evil than itself and they all move in, whooping it up. That person ends up far worse off than if he’d never gotten cleaned up in the first place.”

In analyzing this part of scripture it seems very clear to me that after salvation takes place and forgiveness of sin takes place a cleansing also takes place. If, after the cleansing we leave ourselves open and don’t replace what was in our hearts before Christ then we are open to the demons and devils to come back in but they not only come back but bring with them more demons and devils far worse than themselves. I can attest to that fact.

The fact that I know the above is true is because I lived it. Most of my family and friends have no idea what was taking place in my life after I backslide while living in Florida. I won’t go into it now but the lifestyle was nothing I was proud of and that is why we keep things hid from family and friends because we know in our hearts that what we are doing is not good and pure and of a good report (Phil.4:8)But God does not let us go, He is like a hound on our heels and there are people all over praying for our soul. I thank God He saw fit to continue “hounding” me until I saw that what I was doing was not good and finally turned back to Him for cleansing and a change.

What do we replace it with you ask. Scripture reading is a good place to start, prayer is another, a change in thought patterns. Get some good CD’s of sermons and good biblical teaching, attend Sunday school and church, that is a start. Once you get going it’s limitless what you can attain and how your desires change. God is so good!

I love living for God, there is nothing boring or constraining about it. He gives clear directions IF we listen to Him. The best thing is the assurance of a place with Him in the heavenly realms. We will rule and reign with Him after this earth has gone under and people, believe me it won’t be long. How much more vile can our world get?

So, I ask you to look at your life, are you truly happy? Are you living for God or are you living along the standards this world has set for you? I implore you to think about a life of true happiness, peace and joy in the Lord, what He has in store for you is so much better than what you could ever think or imagine for yourself. Ephesians 3:20-21 says “Reach out and experience the breadth! Test its length! Plumb the depths! Rise to the heights! Live full lives, full in the fullness of God. The Message Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment