It's me

It's me
The Bedouin Woman

Monday, August 15, 2011

We Have Arrived!

We arrived in Belo Horizonte on Friday morning at 8:10 AM after a rather pleasant flight from the USA. What can I say about the weather here? The mornings are cool and the afternoon are HOT! And this is still winter.
When we got off the plane we thought our ride would be here but they were not, so we hauled our stuff, 6 suitcases out on the side walk, this is where our ride was told to pick us up. We kinda knew who to look for but no cars going by looked like them. Finally at about 9:30 am a very pretty lady came up to us asking if we were Marion and Pauline, that was Jacqueline and in the car, a very small car, was her fiance Flavio. Our ride was here! Now, the problem came to pack the car with the suitcases AND the people, but Flavio was very adamant that all would fit and somehow all did!
I will not nor can I go into every little detail up to this point but I will tell you the days were and still are jammed packed with things to do, no boring time but we do have some down time, which I consider my "rest" period.
The first night we were treated to a great pizza party, a couple in the church wanted to bless the team and made about 9 pizzas, homemade crust with cheese, ham and pepperoni. We walked to their house and walked back about a mile journey.
Saturday night we went to youth meeting at our church, which is a spirit filled Baptist church and two of the team members, from Venezuela did a rap session for the youth and they also sold some of there CD's and have ones for us as well, and autographed!
We had a great service on Sunday night where Pastor Josh preached in English and all the pastors prayed for us as we are sent out on our different cities.
There was also a small party for Amanda, one our team members, she was not aware of it and we had about 25 people in our small "casa". Now, let me tell you about this most unusual cake. It looked like a carrot cake, and when Pauline put the first bite in her mouth she was taken aback because she thought for sure they forgot to put the sugar in it. But, no this cake was called a "Bollo Salgada" and was made from chicken, cheese, bread, corn, and something kind of thickener, and was delicious. I was warned so I knew what was coming although I didn't believe PJ when he told me it was a chicken dish.
That brings us to our present day. but let me first interject here that toilet paper is a commodity and no one can flush it down the toilet it has to be placed in a waste basket. Hows that?
We have about 14 in our team, not counting leaders, some will stay here and some will go to Campinas and Vittoria. We have 3 Venezuelans, 2 of them are the "rapper" guys and one female. We have a boys house and a girls house, we go for meals at the boys house, lunch and dinner and mornings one of the girls go to the bread store and brings back these fresh rolls, still hot form the oven! That is breakfast. NO COFFEE. So to rectify this Pauline and I purchased a small jar of instant coffee and some "leche" which is like condensed milk but a little thinner and we us it and regular milk for our coffee. It works. Brazilian coffee is made strong and sweet but no milk. And it's usually drank in the afternoon and night.
Today is our day off and we are all here in the TC office doing FB, skyping and any computer work we need to do.
Signing off for now and will try to be back in a few days to continue this journey, PLEASE if there are any questions ask me because I try to write everything down but today I didn't bring my notes with me or my camera charger :-(, I promise to do better the next time, and sorry this is so long, Love you all, and miss you too!!

2 comments:

  1. I am proud of you! I love you my Maid Marion. And I am praying for you. Let me know what God does. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love You Momsie! And I am now an official "follower" of your blog. Hug my sister-cousin Pauline for me!

    ReplyDelete