It's me

It's me
The Bedouin Woman

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Run The Race!!

As I was reading my devotions today I was strongly impressed to write about it. That's how God works with me, He gives me a nudge and He forms my words. Today the devotion I was reading was titled "watch where you are going" and it was about running a race. It was about a runner and how he was accidentally tripped up by another runner, but he picked himself up and with an amazing burst of speed continued with the race and was able to catch up with the lead runners and with only 20 yards to go he gained 3rd place, good enough to qualify for a place in the finals! Just then he looked over his shoulder to his left, when he didn't see anyone, he slowed his pace. To his great surprise another runner , charging hard, passed him on the outside only a yard before the finish line, eliminating him from the final race! 1 Cor. 9:24 says "Do you know that in a race, all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way to get the prize!"
We all have our own private race to run. Jesus Christ is at our finish line, He is our prize. Sometimes, don't we look at our lives and say " wow, I'm not doing so bad, I can slow down a bit, take a week off of church, take a day from reading our bibles or praying", NO, we can't slow down, we need to continue this race to the end. Don't falter, don't look from side to side or back(remember Lot's wife,Gen. 19:26). Our adversary the devil, is roaming the earth like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour, 1Peter 4:8
Watch where your going!

1 comment: