It's me

It's me
The Bedouin Woman

Monday, July 5, 2010

The Journey Continues,,,,the arrival

Louisiana, we made it after 3 days of car riding and hotels and restaurant food, we arrived!!! Not complaining about any of this just stating a fact, one can take so much of restaurant food, don’t ya think?

Starting out on Saturday, June 26th at about 2:30 PM, our first overnight stop was in Virginia, a Hampton Inn which turned out to be sweet! The rooms were spacious and the beds were comfortable. I had the pleasure of sharing a room with my daughter and granddaughter, there is a picture posted on Face Book of the princess Julia all snuggled up “queen like” in her bed.

Our next overnight stop was Alabama and another Hampton Inn, oh and both of these stops included a trip to the hotels pools, the first one had a hot tub, the second did not. But we all took a dip to get the travel tensions out and to cool off. I highly suggest Hampton Inns on your next travels, you won’t be sorry, oh and the towels smelled soooo good! They also include free breakfast in the price. The breakfast includes, scrambled eggs, waffles that you can make yourself, fresh hot coffee, several flavors for your taste, bagels, cream cheese and assorted muffins. All delicious and plentiful. The hostesses were pleasant and friendly, just like I remember, southern hospitality.

Our final overnight stop was in Baton Rouge, LA at a Holiday Inn. Granted it did have an indoor/outdoor pool and then another separate outdoor pool, which was nice and warm, that was enjoyable. The room was big and spacious but the bed was uncomfortable and so were the pillows but a decent night sleep was manageable. My choice would always be the Hampton Inns.

For the most part following PT was not hard, I think I managed to keep up well and didn’t beg for bathroom breaks, thankfully the children did that for me. There was one time that was a little hairy when we left the Louisiana Welcome Center, I tried to stay behind him but as we left a big oil rig got in front of me and before I knew it Tim had taken a right onto the ramp and I continued straight when I realized this I took the next right off the highway . I was communicating with Christina after this happened and when I saw an opening in the road(an illegal one I might add, the ones the cops use to pursue offenders)I passed the first one but fortunately and with God’s grace there was another opening and I took it. Josiah was crying at this point because he thought we were lost and would never be found and we would be wandering the highways of Louisiana forever . But that was not to be the case and I tried to ease his mind but as I was trying to watch the road and hook up with my crew he was texting his mom.

After 6 texts to his dad and about 12 to his mom, he was assured that Gramma had been on many road trips before and had gotten lost and always, always eventually hooked up with her traveling crew. That being said and the reassurance of his parents he once again gained trust in his gramma and all was well, especially when we hooked up, once again with his family.

Right from the beginning of the trip I always had one of the kids with me(I did this so Tim had to watch me, after all how could he ditch one of his own?) Haha Just kidding Tim, had to say it though to make the story a little funny. Seriously taking one of the kids with me made the ride go faster for me and the kids are always so entertaining.

Well, that is pretty much the story of the trip in and of itself. The rest is just trying to get settled and get things in the right places at the apartment that the Dz’s live in. I am living in the cabin still and I did post a picture of it. I’m right up the hill from the apartment and I do see the family daily. I get online at the apartment or I go to the MC office.

The church we attend has 3 campuses. We live on the Broussard campus and there are 3 services every weekend, Saturday at 6 PM, Sunday 8 and 11 AM. The Lafayette campus has 2 services each weekend 5 PM on Saturday and 10 AM on Sunday. Opelousas has one service at 10 AM on Sunday (this is the newest campus). The family and I attended the Saturday night service in Lafayette and the Dz’s are attending Lafayette service this morning while I am attending the 11 AM service at Broussard campus. Confusing I know, but if you were here it would all make sense.

The weather, well the day we arrived it was overcast and cloudy, and it began to rain. It continued to rain through Saturday. Today is beautiful and sunny, I believe the temperature will be in the 90’s. It’s 4th of July and we have been invited to a picnic at a home of the family that Jessica babysits for(she went on a trip to Orlando FL with this family). I believe this will be the beginning of a great relationship with the folks in Lafayette and Broussard, LA.

So, this week Chrissy and Tim begin their new appointment and I begin looking for a job. I will keep everyone informed of what is taking place and will continue to update you all on facebook! If anyone out there has Skype, we can video talk and it’s free!!

No comments:

Post a Comment