It's me

It's me
The Bedouin Woman

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Who Can Fool God?

I was reminded today as I read the book of Joshua what an incredible story that was. Not only the battle of Jericho but also the battle of AI. Oh, no, I'm not finished with this book yet, I will be taking my time because as I read, slowly, God reveals things to me that I hadn't thought of before.

Who can fool God? We try though don't we? We do things in secret, behind closed doors that we think, who will see us? God will that's who! Ever take something from work thinking, "well, they don't pay me enough anyway", so why not take a handfull of paper clips or pens how about some gloves for when we clean house? I was guilty of that one, being a nurse and since the hospital supplied the nursing staff and housekeeping staff with unlimited supply of gloves, why not take a few home, that will save me some money at the store. That was stealing and I was guilty of stealing and I was committing a sin against God. Seems to me that "Though Shalt Not Steal" is one of our commandments. Exodus 20:15 says "You shall not steal".

He saw me take those gloves and at the time I had no conviction about it, however as I renewed my love for God and His ways, I did feel conviction about it and have since repented for that sin. I turned away from the sin of stealing and now I think about it when I'm about to take something that isn't mine. I don't do it!

In the story of Achan, son of Camri, the son of Zabdi, the son of Zerah from the tribe of Judah had taken plunder from the riches of Caanan. Something that was forbidden by God. But he was so taken by the beauty of the robe and the gold and silver, lust got the better of him and he took it! It was strictly forbidden and his whole family had to suffer for it. It is an interesting story Joshua Chapters 6 and 7.

Joshua 7:24-26
Then Joshua and all of Israel, took Achan son of Zerah, the silver, the robe, the gold wedge, his sons and daughters, his cattle, donkeys and sheep, his tent and all he had, to the Valley of Achor. Joshua said, "Why have you brought this trouble on us? The Lord will bring trouble on you today."
Then all Israel stoned him, and after they had stoned the rest, they burned them. Over Achan they heaped up a large pile of rocks, which remains to this day. then the Lord turned from His fierce anger. Therefore that place has been called the Valley of Achor ever since.

God means business, He meant business in Joshua's day and He means business today.

No comments:

Post a Comment