It's me

It's me
The Bedouin Woman

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mother Hubbards Cupboard

The Bread of Life
Bread: (Websters Collegiate Dictionary)a food made of flour or meal and generally leavening, baked in loaves. Food in general
Life: Duration of existence. A condition or course of living.
So according to these two words and their meanings I would not be amiss in saying we need bread for life. We need bread, or food in general to live each day and stay alive in the natural course of living.

In the bible, John 6:48, Jesus says He is the "bread of life". Let's start with verse 47, Jesus is speaking to the "multitudes" and He is trying to "rescue" them from hell. Literally, He was trying to save their Spiritual lives and this is what He says: "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes on Me has everlasting life. vs 48, I am the bread of Life. vs 49 your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness and are dead. vs 50 this is the bread which comes down from heaven, that one may eat of it and not die". vs 51 "I am the living bread which comes down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever;and the bread that I shall give is My Flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world".

The Message bible says it like not other: "I'm telling you the most solemn and sober truth now(this is Jesus speaking to the 5,000), whoever believes in me has real life, eternal life. I am the Bread of Life. Your ancestors ate manna bread in the desert and died. But now here is Bread that truly comes down out of heaven. Anyone eating this Bread will not die, ever. I am the Bread-Living Bread!-who came down out of heaven. Anyone who eats this Bread will live-and forever! The Bread that I present to the world so that it can eat and live is Myself, this flesh and blood self.

My friends it can't get any plainer or simpler than that can it? OK, so this is my blog and I can say what I want so here it goes. What are you waiting for? Does Jesus Himself have to appear before you before you get it? Well, I am sorry to say that time is coming and then it will be too late. Do you read the papers?(I try not to)Do you listen to the news?(I try not to)Have you read your bible, you know that book your mother gave you 50 years ago, sitting over there on the coffee table or on the book shelf gathering dust? It hasn't changed, you may have moved and put it divers places but the words in that book have not changed.

You have given the world it's chance in your life, have you become a better person because of your education or your worldly experience? You know I have been a born-again Christian since 1977, there have been a few times when I let the world get its grip on me and I was never happy, I mean really happy. I knew I was not living right, I always felt the tug of the Holy Spirit on my life ever since the first time I gave my self to Him. If you feel that conviction, if you feel that you are too far from God just remember He is but a breathe away. You may have moved but He never has and never will. He is a patient God and will never force you, He will put people in your life to remind you He is there, I can tell you that!

I titled this blog "Mother Hubbard's Cupboard" because like the rhyme some of our cupboards(souls)are bare of the Bread of Life but we can fix that and fill our cupboard's to full and running over.

Psalm 34:8 Oh! taste and see that the Lord is good. Blessed is the man who trusts Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment