It's me

It's me
The Bedouin Woman

Sunday, December 30, 2012



In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day, by  Mark Batterson
As I continue my reading of this book, I begin to think of my journey in life. Have you ever wondered, not regretted, but just wondered what life would be like if at a much younger age, you began seeking God? I do, I wonder, but don’t regret, that I didn’t know of or about God more than I did as a young person. I wonder why my parents, most specifically my mom because my dad was out of my life more than he was in it. My brother was a devout Catholic, went to church almost every day, but yet he was in his late 50’s when he actually began a real relationship with Jesus Christ. Why didn’t he disciple me? This is one question I will ask him and God when I’m in His presence. That brings me to the scripture of Deuteronomy 29:29 “There are secrets the Lord God has not revealed to us”)(I have a file of these questions, do you?)
Are you on a journey? Do you dream about things you would like to do, or would have liked to have done? I know I do and I started this journey of me and God a bit late in life but His word says  “ and I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten, the crawling locust, the consuming locust and the chewing locust” Joel 1:4 It says to me that my God will replace all the years that I wasted in the world, doing the foolish things of the world instead of following His plan for me, instead of searching for Him and heeding His call for my life.
Chapter 3 of this book talks about unlearning our fears.
The price of our vitality is the sum of our fears. David White
When I moved to NJ with my daughter in the winter of 2009, one of the first things we did together my daughter and I was to attend a “Missions Conference” for women at a church about 2 hours from where we actually lived. My mind said “what am I doing here, I’m not the least bit interested in mission’s trips” or was I? At the end of this conference I ended up taking home information on a trip to Budapest, Hungary! In Sept of 2009, I went on my first trip as a missionary to Budapest, Hungary for 10 days. I stepped way out of my comfort zone and little did I know it was to be the first of such experiences but certainly not the last.
We have to face our fears of chasing those lions!
A few things went through my head as I thought about this trip:
*I’m not a missionary
*I don’t have $1,700 just lying around
*I’ve never been out of the USA
*I’m not what you would call a “physically ambitious gal”
*What if I get sick?
But I only needed one reason to go: I was called.
The plane ride to Budapest was long, about 12 hours if I remember correctly, the plane didn’t run out of gas or crash.
God provided every red cent for the price of the trip.
The work that was required was not hard or physically straining and,
I didn’t get sick!
So here is my advice: don’t let mental lions keep you from experiencing everything God has to offer. The greatest breakthroughs in your life will happen when you push through the fear. The defining moments will double as the scariest decisions. You’ve got to face those fears and begin the process of unlearning them.

No comments:

Post a Comment